200g Almond milk
20g Yeast (fresh)
450g All purpose flour
40g Cane sugar
30g Cane sugar
- Steam the pumpkin (Filling and dough). When the pumpkin is soft, you can puree it.
- Warm up the almond milk, add the yeast, 80g pumpkin puree, the sugar and stir till combined. (Never heat it over 39°C!)
- Add the flour and the salt and knead for about 3 minutes.
- Cover with a towel and let rise until double in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven (180°C).
- Mix all the ingredients for the filling.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle.
- Brush the dough with the pumpkin mixture.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Cut into 3cm sections and put into a pan. Bake for about 30-45 min.
- Frost with a simple mixture of icing sugar and lemon juice.