Ok to be honest- there are a few recipes that are harder to imitate plant based than Tiramisu. In some case you might have to stop trying to recreate the exact same taste. But that doesn’t mean it should taste worse or completely different.
I´ve already tried different vegan Tiramisu recipes and I never really liked them… They were just not creamy enough…. I nearly gave up on vegan Tiramisu, until I had no cashews at home and replaced them with cashew butter… lots of cashew butter…. and well, I guess this was one of the best experiments I did so far….
Let yourself surprise by the incredible full and creamy taste of this vegan tiramisu!
1 Cup of coffee
100g Brown Sugar
2tsp Baking soda
190g Sparkling Water
380g Vegan curd
420g Cashew butter
40g Maple Syrup
1tsp Vanilla extract
13g Lemon juice
- Preheat your Oven (160°C circulating air).
- Mix all the ingredients of the dough.
- Cover a flat baking tin with baking paper and fill in the dough.
- Put the Biscuit into the oven till you can prick in it with a wooden pick without dough sticking onto it.
- While the Biscuit cools down, you can go on with the cream, which is very easy: You just have to combine all the ingredients and stir till it´s a super creamy mass. If you like it more or less sweet, feel free to add more or less Maple Syrup.
- For the last step, quickly soak the biscuit in the coffee, layer it with strawberries and the cream and sprinkle it with cocoa.
Download and print recipe: Vegan Strawberry Tiramisu