As maybe some of you already know: I´ve been in Thailand some months ago and the first vegan food I found at the airport was mango sticky rice. At first I´ve been a little skeptical, but after the first bite I felt like this was the best food I´ve ever had. So I ate Mango sticky rice every day… You might think I would have had enough after two weeks, but no… I still can´t get enough of it!
200g Sticky Rice
400g Coconut Milk
a pinch of salt
- Steam the rice for about 23 minutes.
- Let the coconut milk simmer for about 10 minutes and stir throughout. Then add the sugar and salt.
- Pour half of the coconut mixture over the steamed rice and let it set for some minutes.
- If you want the coconut mixture to be more thick, you can continue boiling.
- Serve the rice with mango and the leftover coconut mixture.
Download and print recipe: Grilled Peach Pancakes