Vibrant colored food seems to be a huge trend for some time. Red velvet cake is actually not that new but still fascinating. And the good thing about it is that you don´t even need any food coloring. Rootbeet is the secret ingredient to get the red color. And you don´t have to be afraid that it would taste like rootbeet because it doesn’t.
If you´re still skeptical just give it a try:
150g All purpose flour
25g Rootbeet powder
50g Oil (I recommend coconut oil because of the taste.)
1 Ripe smashed banana
1tsp Apple vinegar
2 tsp Baking soda
+Topping of your choice
- Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add all the liquids and the smashed banana.
- Preheat a pan with on medium heat and grease it with some oil.
- Using 3 spoons each, cook the pancakes till bubbles appear on surface, turn and cook further until cooked through
- Topp them of with the topping of your choice ( I used soy yogurt, different kinds of fruit and some icing sugar.).
Download and print recipe: Red Velvet Pancakes